MaxJobsClub US Contractor
Duration: Contract to hire
As a Senior Scrum Master, you will routinely wear the hats of facilitator,
teacher, coach, and mentor to help enable your product team to develop
customer-centric software products from idea to production. The Senior Scrum
Master is a servant leader to the team cultivating an environment of
efficiency and coaching on scrum best practices, removing team impediments
(including addressing root causes), and facilitating collaborative
interactions and events aimed at delivering business value. Although they
will care about the success of the product, they will care more about the
health and success of their team. The Senior Scrum Master must comfortably
speak to the essence of the agile manifesto’s 12 principles and exemplify
the scrum values of focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect.
* Teach stakeholders, product owners, and development team members the
mechanics and value of the scrum framework, along with value-driven product
* Facilitate effective working sessions and team ceremonies as desired
by team (e.g. vision, roadmap, release planning, sprint review,
retrospective, sprint planning, story mapping, etc.).
* Train the team to conduct effective daily stand-up meetings focused
on attaining the sprint goal.
* Facilitate focused team retrospectives aimed at helping the team
identify opportunities for improvement with a plan of action.
* Coach product owners in best practices for managing stakeholder
relationships, as well as maintaining and organizing an effective product
* Teach and mentor organization in writing effective user stories.
* Facilitate the definition of done negotiations that enable higher
product quality through better extreme programming behaviors and DevOps
* Coach team members in agile estimation techniques aimed at
generating effective team discussions and valuable, working software every
* Coach team members on daily application of the Agile Manifesto’s 12
principles and provide guidance on correcting anti-patterns and issues made
visible by the scrum framework.
* Facilitate consensus-building activities and conflict resolution in
order to improve team effectiveness.
* Frequently assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization in
order to coach the team and organization to higher levels of maturity, at a
pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
* Proactively conduct one-on-one conversations with team members
focused on building trust, identifying coaching opportunities, and improving
overall team cohesion and morale.
* Proactively and reactively remove impediments to the team and
elevate awareness of any organizational impediments discovered. Ensure root
causes are effectively identified and addressed.
* Partner with Agile thought-leaders to explore and become involved in
opportunities for improvement across the scrum teams and company as a whole.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information
Technology, or related field required; in lieu of a degree, 6+ years of
relevant experience may be considered; Master’s degree is a plus
* At least 5 years of Scrum Master experience
* Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with Scrum Alliance required; Advanced
Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is a
plus, Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM) preferred
* Must have familiarity with common and complex Agile practices,
software development environments, and industry best practices; experience
with Systems Thinking and Lean Startup is a plus
* Understanding of the fundamentals of software development processes
and procedures as well as knowledge of the software development life cycle
* Healthcare experience preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills,
with a high comfort level presenting to a variety of audiences, including
senior management. Communication is critical.
* Strong teaching, coaching, mentoring skills as well as conflict
* Working knowledge of kanban boards, scrum of scrums, and effective
value-driven backlog management practices
* Basic knowledge of and some experience with visual/graphic
facilitation (sketching skills)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com