MaxJobsClub US Contractor
Our client located in Santa Monica, CA is seeking a passionate Software
Development Engineer in Test
Duration: 6 months+
Focused on advertising delivery and content usage, these highly complex
systems are the lifeline of our client. As an SDET, you will be the domain
expert in the backend services that power our accounting and financial
systems. You will setup test automation frameworks and engineer efficient,
scalable, and maintainable test infrastructure, playing and integral role in
defining test strategies, building test automation, investigating/reporting
issues, and collaborating across engineering teams.
* The right person for this role has a deep understanding of
accounting-related principles and are experienced testing revenue-critical
* They have a strong attention to detail, are intellectually curious,
and take accountability for the definition and delivery of high quality
* Collaborate daily with software engineers, product managers,
technical program managers, and the accounting team to understand
upstream/downstream dependencies and to facilitate the development of
* Develop scalable automated testing strategies and coordinate
feedback/buy-in from your collaborators.
* Define/implement/maintain test automation including accounting
validations, daily processing jobs, reporting, and daily quality
* Diagnose/debug/perform root cause analysis for issues in
production/test environments, report defects, champion/drive/advocate for
their resolution, and provide visibility/transparency into the value of your
* Introduce effective quality methodologies to expand/improve existing
* Create/maintain test data for manual/automated testing.
* Identify and drive improvements in engineering methodologies to
ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency.
* Bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a
closely related field plus 4 years of progressive experience in a software
testing (SDET) and/or software development (SDE) occupation, including
manual/automated testing of backend services and REST APIs.
* Proficient in programming with Java, Selenium, Kotlin, Scala, and
TestNG, or similar.
* Proficient with stored procedures, SQL queries, and data
* Proficient with version control software (e.g. GitHub) and
issue/project tracking software (e.g. Jira).
* Proficient in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Proficient with software development/debugging tools (e.g. Postman,
* Some experience with Jenkins or similar build tools.
* Experience with qTest or similar test suite/case/run management
* Highly experienced in defining/executing/maintaining test cases and
experience with building out test plans for both frontend and backend
* Deep understanding of quality-related agile methodologies and tools
and validated experience using both during the SDLC.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g.
whiteboarding/diagramming system behavior).
* Proven experience demonstrating analytical skills, reporting,
leadership, customer focus, and collaboration.
Nice to haves:
* Accounting or financial systems experience within a revenue system.
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and continuous
* Experience with Hadoop, Hive, and Presto.
* Experience with MicroStrategy, Workday, or similar tools.
* Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley controls
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org