MaxJobsClub US Contractor
Duration: Long Term Renewable Contract
ServiceNow is used in the organization as the IT Service Management tool.
The team manages the tool with the help of onsite and offshore team by
configuring, customizing and developing ServiceNow based applications to
support various needs of the organization. This position will help in
configuring and customizing OOTB ServiceNow applications or developing new
applications on the platform, along with providing support for the end
Essential Job Functions:
* Support clients and internal business processes based on ServiceNow
platform. In particular, deployed Incident & Problem Management, Asset
management and CMDB, Change & Release management, SLM, Service Catalog with
customization and build in-house applications
* Assist in developing new custom applications or customizing OOTB
* Provide production support if needed for the supported applications
* Design testing plans and carry out the testing for the above
* Write necessary scripts to customize the applications
Must Have Skills:
* Must have hands-on experience with end-to-end implementation of
Discovery and Service Mapping
* This includes and not limited to installing/configuring MID Server,
making sure patterns are up to date, migrate updated patterns from non-prod
to production environment, etc.
* Must have proficient in ServiceNow to be able to troubleshoot issue
related to MID Server, review logs and make modifications to CMDB to surface
* Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience in working with ServiceNow
Discovery and Service Mapping.
* Demonstrated experience must include Discovery and Service Mapping
related activities such as CI identification and reconciliation rules
(identification reconciliation engine), creating discovery schedules,
reviewing and troubleshooting discovery and service mapping logs, and
creating new or modify existing patterns.
* Must have 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in the
discovery of Cloud resources (AWS and Azure) not limited to Cloud Storages,
Cloud Functions, Cloud APIs, Cloud Containers, serverless components, etc.
* Must have demonstrated experience and completed the service mapping
of at least 50 large and complex applications in the Cloud (PaaS, IaaS) and
hybrid application hosting model including development of custom patterns
and/or modifying out-of-the-box patterns
* Intermediate ability to comprehend, modify and create server-side
* In-depth knowledge of Web and Application Servers, Load Balancers,
Databases, and Virtualization (WebSphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, VMware)
* Intermediate Windows and Unix administration skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge with network concepts (routers, switches,
firewalls, NAT, load balancing)
* Demonstrated knowledge with XML and JSON/script language concepts.
* Demonstrated knowledge with CyberArk as external ServiceNow
* Perform day to day administration of the Service-Now tool
* Maintain business services and configuration item relationships in
* Develop and manage application code, user interface, and third-party
* Develop necessary development documentation as needed e.g. technical
design, developer notes, etc.
* Performs core configuration tasks including system policies,
business rules and client scripts
* Manages users, groups and roles
* Manages data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets
* Creates Workflow activities and approvals. Implement new workflows
that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated
* Performs migration activities Dev to QA, QA to Prod
* Coordinates Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout,
cart controls, and variables
* Investigate performance issues, learn troubleshooting tools, and use
system logs to find issues
* Deep understanding of REST, WSDL, JSON and ability to integrate with
other third party applications like SPLUNK, APP Dynamics etc.
* Post roll out production support. Experience of handling Bug Fixes
and Enhancement requests
* Experience working with Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies,
UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes, Access Control Lists
* Knowledge of working with different kind of scripts in ServiceNow
and their order of execution.
* Experience working with email notifications, inbound actions,
reports, gauges, and home pages.
* Experience on creation of catalog items, wizards, record producers,
interceptors, user guide.
* Working on creation and customization of complex workflows and
custom workflow activities.
* Worked with transform maps, data sources and different transform
scripts for data loads and management.
* Working with schedule jobs, events and triggers to manage business
needs and handle background work.
* Working with complex UI customization and UI macros.
* Appreciated for suggesting and successfully implementing performance
changes throughout different modules of ServiceNow by converting sync server
calls to async and use of scratchpad
* Working knowledge of Performance Analytics and Reports
* Coordinates installation of ServiceNow upgrades and/or service
packs. Develops and manages the preparation of systems, test criteria and
control for upgrades, service packs, new functionality, enhancements or
* Develops and improves user systems procedures, and prepares systems
* Establishes and maintains effective communications with customers,
other technology specialists, and vendors about services
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to quickly learn and take advantage of new technologies and
* Good understanding of customer requirements and pain points
* Excellent written and verbal skills in order to effectively
communicate quality technical and functional system specifications
* Ability to take initiative and work without supervision
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management
Information, or Electrical Engineering
* ServiceNow certification (preferred)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org