MaxJobsClub US Contractor
Need candidates that are living in Canada and be able to travel to satelite
office in Mississauga, ON, Canada as needed. Maybe 5-10% travels. Expenses
will be paid for by client.
Duration: 6 months with extension
This is a Network Engineering position with focus on routing and switching.
The Network Engineer will leverage in-depth knowledge of networking and
operational practices to develop the technical strategy used to maintain
network globally. The candidate will collaborate with software and teams,
infrastructure operations, architecture, reliability teams and vendors to
define, build, and automate the future solutions. This will enable faster,
scalable deployment and management, globally. You will develop the
standards, metrics, and validate new solutions required to support our
complex ecosystems of manufacturing, mobile devices, end user equipment, and
With developing automation workflows, as well as design, implementation and
configuring new & existing network components, implement network upgrades,
testing new product and design. This role will be a key part of a
multifunctional team that designs, supports, secures, and maintains the
What will you do?
* Working directly with the customers to understand their business
requirements and ensure networking projects are properly designed and
* Identify, design and implement utilizing the current and latest
networking solutions available.
* Define and meter the availability of existing and future network
solutions, ensuring they meet or exceed the needs of the business
* Identify and deliver solutions that reduce operational impact to
business and enable them with scalable, resilient, and cost optimized
* Dive deep on complex problems that involve networking technologies
to resolve customer issues, identify root causes, document and develop
* Evaluating new technologies, lab testing, proof of concept (PoC),
run books definition, and pilot deployment.
* Innovate and automate infrastructure testing, deployment, operations
and life cycle management
* Defining the strategy for future team processes, tools, and, which
improve how we maintain and manage the effectively, efficiently and safely.
* Be part of a team that design, implements, improves, and supports a
global network environment to include routers, switches, firewalls, wireless
* Performs problem isolation and resolution of network problem
* Act as tier 3 escalation for network issues.
* Find opportunities to improve the enterprise network by implementing
the network standards that have been established by the Global Networking
* Collaborating with the network architects on large scale, business
imperative projects and initiatives to optimize the enterprise network.
* Ensuring that all network environments are well documented.
* Participating in the on-call rotation with other members of the team
to ensure support coverage for the global enterprise network.
* Reporting status on a regular basis to ensure that management is
aware of project status.
* Mentoring junior members of the team in order to build a stronger
* Managing and monitoring the Service Now work queue to address
customer requests within the established service level agreements.
How will you get here?
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Information Security or other technical field is desired, though 7 years of
direct and applicable professional experience in configuring, deploying,
managing and troubleshooting routers and switches in an enterprise
environment will be considered for a substitution.
* Minimum seven years of experience with configuring, deploying,
managing, and troubleshooting routers and switches in an enterprise
* Excellent knowledge of IT general practices and methods with
specialized knowledge in multiple technical disciplines such as, cloud,
telecommunications, network & automation.
* 5+ years practical relevant experience in large-scale networking
engineering and operations.
* Advanced knowledge of WAN routing (BGP), traffic engineering, QoS,
telemetry, and segmentation
* Advanced understanding of dynamic routing protocols such as BGP,
EIGRP, and OSPF.
* Experience with Load Balancers, Firewalls, WAN Optimization, and/or
* Solid experience with routing and switching technologies within
large enterprise networks
* Hands on experience with, Cisco, Arista or similar routing and
* Hands on experience with Fortinet, Pulse Secure & F5 products and
* Excellent knowledge of Networking and Wireless standards.
* Experience with Cisco & Meraki wireless solutions.
* Hands on experience working on IOT network.
* Understanding and knowledge of network segmentation.
* Working knowledge of automating in, Perl/Python, or other languages.
* Experience with SD-WAN deployment, management & troubleshooting.
* Ability to work in a team while still being self-sufficient.
Tool & Technology Skills
* Telco: WAN connectivity, LAN connectivity, Fixed Wireless,
* OSS/BSS: Service Now, Jira, TEM systems.
* Network: Networking, SD-WAN, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, VPN, Firewalls,
Router, Switch, Load Balancer.
* Product: Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto, F5, Silver Peak/Velo Cloud,
* Automation: Ansible, Terraform, or Python.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Current certification such as, CCNA, CCNP or similar
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good customer
service skills, and a proven ability to work with various teams.
* Must have strong analytical skills related to basic financial and
* Be a self-motivated, highly ethical individual with a demonstrated
ability to work as independently as well as with a team.
* A strong desire to establishing credibility with fellow engineers
through teamwork and collaboration.
* The ability to work independently and prioritize multiple objectives
* Develop, plan, direct and control strategic short- and long-term
* Develop relationships with our clients, engineering, and peer
management teams, and effectively navigate across the organization
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org