MaxJobsClub US Contractor
Long term contract
The Middleware Engineer is responsible for hosting, deploying, monitoring
and managing application and integration-related software and hardware.
Provide 24×7 support for the integration applications and infrastructure. Be
on a monthly On-Call schedule to support Production environment after
business hours. Keeping all infrastructure and middleware components
up-to-date with latest patches. Coordinate deployments across Production and
Non-Production environments through predefined process. Work in close
coordination with application, business teams and Vendors. Help business and
application teams to triage and resolve technical issues with middleware &
infrastructure impacting their application.
JOB DUTIES: (Statement of Key Responsibilities)
* Administer & manage IBM MQ instances. Develop and maintain new
functionality for releases of ESB/OSB (Oracle Service Bus) to transform and
* Develop MQ object definitions to support application projects.
Install and configure MQ Series queue managers, queues, and channels as per
* Provide front line support for MQ related problems by being involved
in troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and recommending appropriate
* Update MQ SSL certificates as necessary.
* Coordinate MQ & OSB software level upgrades.
* Coordinate and solicit vendor support as necessary.
* Research alternative Integration components for MQ/OSB/Active MQ in
AWS and provide a strategy for adoption.
* Provide direction & support during migration of Integration
components to AWS.
* Enhance existing code base and provide Production support for
ESB/OSB and FTS (File Transfer Service) applications
* Develop Architectural Proofs of Concept to demonstrate business
agile solutions and evolve core architectural constructs.
* Maintain and execute Disaster Recovery policies and procedures.
* Participate in design reviews and identify potential mitigation
strategies for technical risks.
* Train peers, ensure compliance with and assist in the development of
standards, policies and procedures, and possible oversight and coordination
with other team members.
* Work with end users, development staff, system administrators,
management, vendors, and staff from other organizations to ensure successful
implementation and operation of application systems.
* Available for off-hour deployments and provide 24×7 on-call
production support on a rotation basis
QUALIFICATIONS: (Required Skills & Knowledge)
* Good working knowledge of J2EE, Oracle Service Bus, IBM MQ, Active
MQ, web service creation & consumption
* Ability to translate business requirements to technical
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Familiarity with IBM DataPower preferred
* Good understanding and experience with network infrastructure for
e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall, router, load balancer etc.
* Independent, confident, self-learning and proactive approach to
troubleshooting and resolving issues
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
* Degree Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or
* 6+ years of IT experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org