MaxJobsClub US Contractor
Long term contract
Our client has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer with a comprehensive
skill set in network security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion
detection, and secured networks. This hands-on role requires assisting in
analyzing the environment, coordinating data gathering and helping to
generate solutions on a day-to-day basis. Additionally, this role will
contribute to the long-range planning activities of the overall IT team, and
may oversee projects and investigations related to threat management and
security breaches. Role: The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for
day-to-day management of a network security architecture that supports the
needs and goals of the SEC. He/she will help plan, implement and support
security solutions at multiple locations around the state. After hours
availability is required to respond to emergencies and to perform system
maintenance that cannot be completed during normal business hours. Under the
supervision of the Security Manager, working individually or as part of a
project team, the Cyber Security Engineer will continuously assess security
and related risks to the enterprise office locations, assets, and employees
and make recommendations for mitigation strategies that will decrease risk.
They will assist in maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and
availability of computer workstations, servers, and local area networks.
The Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for all operational aspects
of network security engineering: design, implementation, optimization,
monitoring and troubleshooting of our LAN, WAN, WLAN and DR networks.
• Provide technical support for numerous standalone and network systems to
include penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, virus updates, patches,
service packs, and hot fixes, policies related to onboarding/offboarding of
staff, media controls, and ensuring all security related documentation is
notated as required.
• Monitor networks and systems for security issues through the use of
various security tools.
• Perform vulnerability scans, analyze results and assist with the
remediation as necessary.
• Conduct regular audits to ensure authorized systems are being operated
securely and are in compliance with security policies and procedures.
• Monitor access to all information systems and report on compliance with
established policies and procedures, relative to the level of potential risk
and recommend appropriate corrections.
• With the Security Manager, leverage security best practices to assess,
design, test, approve, implement, and support new and existing multi-tier
solutions in multiple sites and data centers.
• Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for planning
security-based changes, investigating network impact, and issuing resolution
• Assist in implementing site procedures for marking, handling, and
controlling, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying
• Participate in and often lead investigations pertaining to threat
assessment and mitigation for both internal and external threats. o Conduct
investigations of anomalies found during audit trail analysis.
o Participate in security related investigations as needed to ensure that
policy defined tasks are completed.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology or other engineering
or technical discipline and at least 6 years IT experience with a minimum of
4 years Cyber Security Information experience. Four year relevant experience
may be substituted with professional certification
§ Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
§ CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
§ CEH – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
§ CISM – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
§ ISSAP – Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
§ ISSEP – Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
• Experience with Windows OS Windows Server, Windows Domains, Active
Directory, and GPO’s.
• In depth understanding of NIST SP 800-61.
• Familiarity with routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, proxies,
accelerators, and wireless technologies.
• Strong ability with security policy administration, ACLs, IPS/IDS, port
scanning and pen-testing tools.
• Experience in threat management and assessment as it relates to physical
• Experience with corporate security risk assessment, analysis and
• Experience with endpoint security solutions, including file integrity
monitoring, white listing, and data loss prevention.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
o Uses problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Collaborates and assumes a technical leadership role when required.
• Comfortable with presenting policies, mentoring colleagues on security
• Ability to explain network and security concepts to both fellow technical
staff in detail, and to nontechnical staff at an appropriate level.
• Is effective in prioritizing tasks within a high-pressure competing
• Strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrates an interest in working hard in a fast-paced environment,
enjoys challenges, and has fun while doing it.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com